The restored hotel Le Splendid in Dax
The 4-star Hotel Le Splendid is ideally located in the heart of Dax, in front of the River Adour and near the historic center of the city.
This remarkable monument has plenty of history. It was once a medieval castle, a garrison and more recently a hotel that welcomed the greatest celebrities of the 1930s. It was a jewel of Art Deco architecture; this period had a huge impact on creativity, art and culture.
Vacances Bleues, in partnership with the City of Dax, has decided to rehabilitate this hotel.
An ambitious project that offers the hotel Le Splendid a new life
An investment of 16 million Euros has been devoted exclusively to the renovation, to give back to the hotel Le Splendid all its splendor of yesteryear bringing a contemporary touch.
The site will re-open for 2018. More than 100 professionals work daily to transform this exceptional hotel. Each space has been redesigned: from the large hall, to the rooms to the innovative spa. The new architectural elements of the Hotel Le Splendid are faithful to” the Roaring Twenties”, while incorporating modern style furniture.
- The wellness area has been completely revisited and the old stone arches were preserved. Many spaces are renovated: the spa, hamman, the large pool and areas of care and massages. The installation of the mosaics of the large basin was completed at the end of June 2017. The hotel Le Splendid is part of the thermal heritage of the city of Dax, recreating an oasis of happiness in an extraordinary setting.
- All the rooms have been renovated with the comfort of a 4-star hotel and a decoration about the 30’s. Some have an area of 25 m2 up to 40m2, with modern decor and period furniture.
- Meeting rooms will accommodate all business events while enjoying all services of the hotel: spa for a moment of relaxation and its restaurants for delicious meals.
- The Grand Hall of Le Splendid has recovered from its superb with its oriental decoration, an evocation to the trip inviting the client to daydream. It should be finalized during the month of September 2017
- The hotel’s restaurants, including the former smokehouse, have been enhanced by the Art Deco decorative design elements such as black lacquer columns. Intimate and convivial atmospheres and an authentic cuisine, will be ideal for good moments to share in couple or between friends.
- The new landscaped garden opened on the town of Dax is being restored and the hedges will be replaced with a natural space incorporating the central motif of the hotel entrance.
The total rehabilitation of the hotel Le Splendid and its surroundings will offer a beautiful entrance in the heart of the city of Dax. All that remains is to wait for the end of the renovation!